Home / Upcoming Events
The Neuroscience of Happiness Online Course
Wednesday 28 February: 7:00 pm - Wednesday 28 March: 8:30 pm AEDTAUD $649
Understanding your brain to live a happier life
Living a happier life is possible for us all if we understand our brains and the big and small things we can do to contribute to our own happiness and support the happiness of others. This online course provides an introduction to the neuroscience of happiness, brain basics, how to manage emotions and drive and sustain positive emotions, practical strategies for increased happiness at home and at work, and shares the latest insights from neuroscience research that can help us live happier lives!
Across five live 90-minute online sessions presented by Sue Langley, you will master the brain basics, learn the how and why of neuroplasticity (our ability to change and shape our brains), discover big and small intentional activities we can use to be happier, and how we can contribute to the happiness of others.
If you can’t make the scheduled times, don’t worry! Recordings will be made to all enrolled after the webinar has been delivered.
Each Webinar will be weekly at 7:00pm AEST from Wednesday 28th February 2018
Webinar 1: An Introduction to Your Brain, Neuroscience, and Happiness (28 February, 7:00 – 8:30pm AEST)
In the first session:
- Brain basics – What are the key areas of our brains and what are they responsible for
- Happiness basics – An introduction to Positive Psychology and the neuroscience behind it
- How technology is helping us understand more about the brain and how we can use these insights to increase happiness.
Webinar 2: Debunking Some of the Biggest Brain Myths (7 March, 7:00 – 8:30pm AEST)
In the second session:
- ‘My brain is just wired that way’… or is it?
- How different are male and female brains?
- Is there such a thing as being ‘right-brained’ or ‘left-brained’?
- What is neuroplasticity and how can we harness it to change our brains?
Webinar 3: Brain Friendly Habits (14 March, 7:00 – 8:30pm AEST)
In the third session:
- How habits are formed in the brain
- How we can change existing habits
- The neuroscience of creating lasting positive habits that contribute to our long-term happiness
Webinar 4: Mindfulness (21 March, 7:00 – 8:30pm AEST)
In the fourth session:
- Introduction to different forms of mindfulness: ‘traditional’ and modern
- Mindfulness vs Mindlessness and how it can affect our happiness
- The research and practice of training your brain
- Reviewing different mindfulness practices
Webinar 5: Brain-based strategies for happiness (28 March, 7:00 – 8:30pm AEST)
In the fifth session:
- Develop a wide range of foundational neuroscience-based strategies to keep the reptilian brain happy
- Gain a smorgasbord of positive psychology-based strategies for keep our brains and us happy
Anyone who wants to understand how they can use their brain to live a happier life!
Ideal for: anyone interested in an introduction into neuroscience; anyone who want to harness their brain to live a happier life; anyone in the coaching, leadership, HR space who want to understand how they can support others to live happier lives.
Five 1.5-hour classes delivered by live webinar, webinar recordings, Neuroscience of Happiness e-Workbook, and opportunities for 1:1 follow-ups and coaching with Langley Group coaches.