Learning to be more emotionally intelligent has never been so important. Two decades of extensive research has demonstrated that developing emotional intelligence (EI) has a bottom-line impact on performance, employee engagement, employee wellbeing, organisational climate, teamwork, sales and customer loyalty.
Therefore, the ability to be self-aware and engage the hearts and minds of others has many benefits for individuals and businesses. Emotional intelligence underpins our capacity to work well with others, manage stress and make effective decisions. Further, emotional intelligence has been shown to determine individual performance and business outcomes more than knowledge, technical skills, or traditional management techniques. These abilities can be measured and learned.
Rarely offered outside of senior leadership courses within organisations, this unique programme blends critical insights from neuroscience — what leaders need to know to become more strategic and effective—together with over a decade’s research into emotional intelligence.
Over four live, interactive, virtual sessions, you will develop the skills to lead yourself and others to their highest potential.
- Learn the science behind how emotions work in the brain and why we react emotionally
- Understand how these responses can negatively impact our leadership and decision-making ability
- Learn techniques to perceive, use and understand your emotions and others, including how to read body language and pick up emotional signals before they escalate
- Understand how to read emotions in both face-to-face and virtual settings
- Increase your ability to manage your own and other’s emotions and behaviour
- Gain core skills and critical knowledge to engage people and make good decisions
In addition, you will receive a personal assessment and coaching to increase your confidence and self-awareness so you can develop strategies to increase your effectiveness at work and in all areas of life.
As this course takes place in a live, interactive online classroom, you will be able to interact, ask questions and gain guidance and support.