In The Upside of Stress, Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D., delivers a startling message: Stress isn’t bad. Highlighting new research that indicates stress can, in fact, make us stronger, smarter, and happier if we learn how to embrace it.
- Sort by Default Order
- A beautifully illustrated tale of nurturing yourself, your dreams and kindness, delivering a body positive message that everything enabling you to make your dreams come true, is found within you
- Written with warmth and good humour, Why Mindfulness is Better than Chocolate is the ultimate guide to self-discovery. It will make chocolate taste better too!
- This groundbreaking book delves into the revolutionary new science of psychobiotics and the discovery that the wellness of your brain and state of mind are connected to your microbiome.
- Willpower Roy Baumeister, one of the world's most esteemed and influential psychologists, and journalist John Tierney reveals the secrets of self-control and show that like a muscle, willpower can be strengthened and improved.
- There’s a bunyip crying in Wombat's field. Yarralin is sad because he doesn't smile. He may be having treatment for a serious illness, he may be lonely, bullied or afraid. Because Yarralin is sad, everyone around him is sad too. He must go on an adventure to find a smile. Along the way, Yarralin realises he can CHOOSE to be happy. He just needs to look in the mirror and smile.
- In Your Brain at Work, David Rock takes readers inside the heads, literally, of a modern two-career couple as they mentally process their workday to reveal how we can better organise, prioritise, remember, and process our daily lives. Rock, the author of Quiet Leadership and Personal Best, shows how it’s possible for this couple, and thus the reader, to move beyond surviving in today’s overwhelming work environment, to succeeding in it and feel energised and accomplished at the end of the day.