In The Upside of Stress, Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D., delivers a startling message: Stress isn’t bad. Highlighting new research that indicates stress can, in fact, make us stronger, smarter, and happier if we learn how to embrace it.Resilience Cards These cards have been designed to bring to life a smorgasbord of strategies to help you manage your emotions and build resilience. They are divided into four areas – brain strategies, body strategies, relationship strategies and environment strategies. These cards can be used by an individual day-to-day to build effective resilience habits or as an intervention tool for dealing with an individual who needs help immediately.
- Sort by Default Order
- Upside of Stress (Kelly McGonigal)
- We all have the potential to be happy, each in our own way, through different means. Although we may know this, few of us know HOW to go about improving our happiness. These two great reads 'Stumbling on Happiness' by Daniel Gilbert and 'Happier' by Tal Ben-Shahar, share amazing insights into the science of happiness and provide practical ways of changing our thinking and behavior to increase the amount of happiness we experience in our lives. Happiness is not overrated, it can bring countless benefits both personally and professionally. Give yourself or a loved one the gift of happiness this Christmas!
- Finding a sense of meaning and engagement in our lives is important to human flourishing and achieving a sense of fulfillment in life. Increasing the state of 'flow' in our lives is one way to increase engagement whereas understanding our values and aligning these to our day-to-day job tasks can help us make good decisions and get more meaning from our lives. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s book Flow, explains the flow theory and how to identify opportunities for experiences of flow and take action to integrate these more into our daily lives. Our set of Values cards are a great tool to help you focus on values and what is important to you, and investigate how these values influence your behaviour, and where meaning and purpose can be enhanced in different contexts of life.
- Increase your emotional intelligence and build your resilience with this set of products. The Intensity and Emotions Cards help develop emotional vocabulary and understanding, to enable individuals to better manage their emotions, as articulating emotions more effectively leads to increased emotional regulation. The Resilience Cards have been designed to bring to life a smorgasbord of strategies to help you manage your emotions and build resilience for when things get a little tough.
- "Realising our strengths is the smallest thing we can do to make the most difference" - Alex Linley Enhance your understanding of the importance of using your strengths in your life as well as encouraging and enabling others to do the same. Use these cards to facilitate strengths-based conversations at home or at work, and introduce people to their strengths in simple ways.
- Give the gift of wellbeing with this bundle of products that builds resilience, inspires positive action and helps you see the upside of challenging and stressful situations. More information on each item can be found below.
- Give the gift of wellbeing with this bundle of books and products that build resilience, inspire positive action, and help you understand how to live life in a mindful way. More information on each item can be found below.
- Give a child the gift of Positive Psychology with our kid's book bundle. These books tell stories of promoting optimistic thinking and are designed to develop positive attitudes in children today. They talk of nurturing yourself, your dreams and kindness, delivering a body-positive message that everything enabling you to make your dreams come true, is found within you. Find out more about each book below.