This three-part online course gives you the opportunity to learn more about this fascinating subject. Sue Langley shares knowledge about the Microbiome-Brain connection gained at the Neuroscience School of Advanced Studies in Venice, Italy. Learn more about the course below.
Microbiome and the Brain – Using your gut for mental wellbeing Online Webinar
This course is for you if you are curious to understand how to improve the relationship between your gut and your brain, to maximise your physical and mental wellbeing.
Groundbreaking new research has established that the bacteria that live in and on us can affect our mood and other elements of our wellbeing. These bacteria are known as microbiota – you cannot survive without them, and they cannot survive without you.
What is even more amazing is that through various avenues, your microbiota can communicate with your brain. If your microbiota gets out of balance, you can become anxious or depressed. It also contributes to many ‘non-communicable’ diseases.
This three-part online course gives you the opportunity to learn more about this fascinating subject.
Sue Langley shares knowledge about the Microbiome-Brain connection gained at the Neuroscience School of Advanced Studies in Venice, Italy. She has much to tell about the link between your brain and your gut – insights we would never have thought possible even a few years ago. The course will expose you to new and amazing research, as well as some tips on what to do and what not to do to maximise your health and wellbeing.
During the course, Sue will pose some challenging questions. Are you swallowing money when you buy probiotics? What really works? How do you know if your bacteria are happy? Are your bacteria driving your cravings and your behaviour?
Session 1: Research and theory
This session will cover:
- The research and theory about microbiota and the brain
- Where does our microbiota come from?
- Research linked to non-communicable diseases such as autism, obesity, auto-immune diseases, strokes, heart disease, diabetes and more.
- The symbiotic relationship between gut and brain
- How you can learn to love your bacteria
- How your microbiome and your brain communicate
Session 2: Implications
This session will cover:
- The implications of the research around the relationship between our microbiome and our brain
- What is this research telling us?
- Related disorders and the influence of the gut-brain relationship
- What’s new in this area?
- The power of our poop!
- Feeding our microbiome – with a helpful diet
- The implications for strokes, coeliac disease, autism, auto-immune disorders, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s
Session 3: Practical strategies
This session will focus on:
- How your physical, mental and emotional health are interlinked
- The research that informs the action
- Strategies to improve the relationships between your gut and your brain
- The myths and facts about prebiotics and probiotics
- What is known and what we have left to learn
- What you can do to change your microbiome
“Not only is this online course utterly fascinating, Sue’s ability to take the research from her learnings and present it in a way that is easy to relate to, is what makes this e-course stand out.
My 3 key takeaways were;
– What is microbiome and where is it, how do we get it? (PREPARE YOURSELF)
– The importance of the microbiome in our body, and the implications this can have on our brain, and ultimately our mental wellbeing. (MIND BLOWING)
– Real life tips on improving our microbiome (SUPER EASY and no preaching)
I’ve been astounded at how a few lifestyle changes and an awareness around feeding the “good bacteria” can literally change the day-to-day. Three weeks of making these small changes and I am jumping out of bed in the mornings with a spring in my step and an even bigger zest for life. My capacity to concentrate has improved and I feel like I add more value both professionally and personally as there is a “switched on, using the awesome part of my brain” feeling ALL day. The effect this knowledge has had on me personally has been incredible and that’s in just 3 short weeks. I can’t wait to see the effect after 6 months. THANKS SUE!!! “
Careen Redman – Student