Harnessing performance and potential through one-on-one development
Coaching is a collaborative partnership designed to help professionals develop their skills, performance, capabilities and wellbeing. A powerful and proven method for optimising performance, learning and development, coaching offers confidential, individual support that can accelerate the journey toward leadership excellence and success.
A positive coaching approach
Our experienced coaches draw on their senior leadership, learning and development experience, industry-wide exposure and knowledge of positive psychology, emotional intelligence and neuroscience. They apply a positive coaching approach to build people’s awareness, strengths, resources and toolkit to be exceptional leaders, managers and influencers within their organisations, entrepreneurial businesses and professional networks. Depending on the needs of the people they coach, they may draw on frameworks and techniques to set goals, clarify direction, manage priorities, deal with emotions, improve relationships, sharpen acumen, or increase overall wellbeing.
Why work with a coach?
Organisations typically engage coaches to work one-on-one with an individual to:
- realise potential
- facilitate career transitions and develop leadership skills
- act as an objective sounding board for organisational dynamics
- enhance team interactions
- address derailing behaviour
- achieve work-life balance
- increase resilience, engagement and wellbeing
Coaching interventions have also been shown to increase the effectiveness of leadership development and training initiatives by up to 87%. A one-on-one coaching program with us can also help embed the emotional intelligence skills, positive psychology tools and neuroleadership capabilities people learn in our training and development programs.
Results of Coaching
Research detailed by the Harvard Business Review and Standards Australia outlines tangible outcomes of coaching. In a study conducted among HR professionals responsible for over 15 million dollars of spend in coaching, outcomes such as greater self-understanding, confidence and leadership capability were highlighted.
- Clearer understanding of themselves and their professional performance
- Improved communication skills and ability to engage others
- Greater resilience and robustness
- Stronger relationships with managers, reports and peers
- Better decision-making skills
- More self-confidence, authority and strength as a leader
- Increased motivation and fulfillment
- Clearer career vision, planning and action
- More strategic perspective
- Capability building and professional development of the talent pool
- Talent retention and morale
- Effective leadership
- Team cohesion
- Cultural change
- Performance management
Coaching assessment tools
We use valid and evidence-based instruments to measure and develop people’s strengths, emotional intelligence and leadership capability. These are geared to assess people positively so they feel confident and ready to stretch and develop further. When used with coaching, these results are amplified. People reflect on their personal abilities and potential to develop and take action with a trusted partner.
Depending on the needs of individuals, our recommended tools are:
- Strengths Profile
- Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- i4 Neuroleader, self-report and 360 feedback