Interview with Sue Langley in Connected Worlds, a thought leadership anthology by BT.
Smart use of emotions, says Sue Langley, can improve our capacity to work well with others, engage with our jobs and lead in the 21st century. Welcome to a world of EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient) over IQ.
Sue Langley is one of the thought leaders interviewed in Connected Worlds, a book by Touchline sponsored and launched by BT. The book brings together a host of international luminaries, including Melinda Gates, Saatchi & Saatchi boss Kevin Roberts and marketing guru Seth Godin to contemplate the landscape of opportunity presented by our hyper-connected world.
Key questions Sue answers include:
- How do you apply positive psychology and emotional intelligence to the field of leadership and the business world?
- Are organisations able to see tangible financial results?
- Is there an urgent need in the business world to change the culture?
- Why are people afraid of emotions, especially in the world of leadership?
- Is the brain the last frontier for science and business?