Module 1: Introduction to the positive leadership model
This introductory session will explore the background behind Kim Cameron’s model of positive leadership. The model is underpinned by Positive Organisational Scholarship and based on studies conducted of high performing teams, particularly those who successfully navigated organisational change and restructure. Content will include:
- What is a positive culture? Leading yourself and others to success
- Four positive leadership principles you can use to create a positive culture that inspires and motivates yourself and others: positive emotional climate, positive relationships, positive communication and positive meaning
- Adopting a positive leadership mindset to increase your professionalism, self-leadership, collaboration and resilience skills
Module 2: Positive climate
This session will focus on fostering a positive emotional climate where positive emotions predominate over negative emotions inside and outside the workplace.
Content will include:
- Cultivating an emotional climate where people feel inspired and motivated to do their best to help achieve business objectives.
- Positive energy networks: Understanding how positive emotions spread through the organisation and team, and impact behaviour; acting as a positive energiser and influencer
- Strategies to increase positive emotions, boost resilience and get the best out of yourself and others
Module 3: Positive meaning
Reinforcing positive meaning where people feel like they are engaging in purposeful work and positive outcomes that bring value to the business will be the focus of the last webinar in the series. Content will include:
- Enhancing meaning at work for more performance and engagement.
- Exploring personal values in line with business purpose, vision and values
Module 4: Positive relationships
The focus of this session is building positive relationships that enhance trust and are a source of enrichment to the individual, their team and throughout the organisation. Content will include:
- Building relationships to increase mutual support, collaboration, influence and learning.
- Maximising social connectedness, diversity and inclusion.
- Social connectedness and mirror neurons—increasing empathy, establishing rapport, building relationships and motivating people in every conversation
Module 5: Positive communication
This session will focus on engaging in positive communication where affirmative, supportive and inclusive language replaces negative and critical language. Content will include:
- Increasing capacity to hold affirmative, constructive conversations.
- Neuro-insights for influencing and managing change.
- Active Constructive Responding, a framework for engaging and inspiring people, demonstrating active listening and celebrating success
- Increasing the positive to negative ratio (PNR) in communication, asking questions, listening with an open mind and inviting input