Understanding your brain to live a happier life
Living a happier life is possible for us all if we understand our brains and the big and small things we can do to contribute to our own happiness and support the happiness of others. This online course provides an introduction to the neuroscience of happiness, brain basics, how to manage emotions and drive and sustain positive emotions, practical strategies for increased happiness at home and at work, and shares the latest insights from neuroscience research that can help us live happier lives!
Across five recorded 90-minute online sessions presented by Sue Langley, you will master the brain basics, learn the how and why of neuroplasticity (our ability to change and shape our brains), discover big and small intentional activities we can use to be happier, and how we can contribute to the happiness of others.
In the first session:
- Brain basics – What are the key areas of our brains and what are they responsible for
- Happiness basics – An introduction to Positive Psychology and the neuroscience behind it
- How technology is helping us understand more about the brain and how we can use these insights to increase happiness.
Webinar 2: Debunking Some of the Biggest Brain Myths
In the second session:
- ‘My brain is just wired that way’… or is it?
- How different are male and female brains?
- Is there such a thing as being ‘right-brained’ or ‘left-brained’?
- What is neuroplasticity and how can we harness it to change our brains?
Webinar 3: Brain Friendly Habits
In the third session:
- How habits are formed in the brain
- How we can change existing habits
- The neuroscience of creating lasting positive habits that contribute to our long-term happiness
Webinar 4: Mindfulness
In the fourth session:
- Introduction to different forms of mindfulness: ‘traditional’ and modern
- Mindfulness vs Mindlessness and how it can affect our happiness
- The research and practice of training your brain
- Reviewing different mindfulness practices
Webinar 5: Brain-based strategies for happiness
In the fifth session:
- Develop a wide range of foundational neuroscience-based strategies to keep the reptilian brain happy
- Gain a smorgasbord of positive psychology-based strategies for keep our brains and us happy